It’s been freezing here in Dallas. The perfect time to make this 3 Bean Vegetable Soup. This soup is easy to make, and budget friendly too! I made mine in the Instant Pot, so it only took 30 minutes. Seriously! It’s the best gadget ever. I know not everyone has an instant pot, so I will write directions to make this is in the slow cooker as well. If you enjoy soups and slow cooker recipes, you may want to check out this roundup of healthy slow cooker recipes as well.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free. It also freezes well, so feel free to do that. I like to freeze in serving sized containers, so I can just grab one when I need it.
3 Bean Vegetable Soup
Yields 5-6 servings
An easy, budget friendly recipe!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup dried kidney beans (see notes for using cans)
- 1 cup dried pinto beans (see notes for using cans)
- 1 cup dried white beans (see notes for using cans)
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt to taste
- If you are using an Instant Pot , place all the ingredients in the pot. Hit the bean setting for 30 minutes. Do a natural release.
- If you are using a slow cooker , soak the dried beans overnight before using in this recipe. Then add all the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for at least 5 hours.
If you are using canned beans, use 1 can for each type of bean. Make sure you drain and rinse well before adding to the pot. This should last a week in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!