Gluten Free Snickerdoodles. I have had a lot of requests for a cleaner version of the snickerdoodle. So when Wholesome Sweeteners sent me a sample of all their products, I knew that now was the time to make a healthy gluten free snickerdoodle.
These came out really good! Between my husband and older daughter, they didn’t last long! I got about 12 cookies in my batch. They should last a week or so, but if you plan on keeping them longer, you can refrigerate or even freeze them.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
Yields 12 cookies
The classic cookie made gluten free!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 T Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl , combine all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl , combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into balls and coat them in the sugar/cinnamon mix.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet .
- Once all the balls are rolled and coated, use your palm to flatten them out.
- Bake in the oven for 13-17 minutes, depending on your oven. Enjoy!
To get the oat flour, I just used my Vitamix to grind up rolled oats into a flour. If you do that, make sure the rolled oats you buy are gluten free. Some are produced in factories that also produce wheat.