Hey, everyone! Marcus guest posting here. As most of you know, I do make several of the savory recipes you see here on the blog. I loved creating this Garlic Lime Noodle Soup. I’ve been wanting to make a garlic lime dish for some time and I finally got my chance.
If you don’t want it to be spicy, simply add some diced green bell peppers in place of the chili peppers I recommend. Also, you can add some ginger and soy sauce for an Asian twist. It is such a fun recipe, I’m excited to see how people build upon it. What would you do?
Comforting soup with big flavors!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 4 cups water
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1-2 serrano chili peppers
- 2 single serve packages brown rice noodles
- 3 green onions
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large stock pot , bring the water and veggie stock to a slow roil.
- Add the garlic, lime, and peppers and cover.
- Let cook on medium low to 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the brown rice noodles.
- Let cook on medium low for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for about 1 minute
- Add green onions to the soup, stir and serve.
This should keep in the fridge for about a week. If you want more lime flavor, add a 1/2 teaspoon lime zest.