My daughter has been requesting coconut trawberry muffins for a while now. Strawberries have been very expensive lately so it’s been quite some time since we had some. Well I was going through my freezer today and discovered a bag of frozen organic strawberries so I decided to try to make her some coconut strawberry muffins.
This recipe is very interesting. Since I have been doing my Budget Grocery Challenge, I have been unable to run to the store on a whim so I have had to make do with what I find in the pantry. This has forced me to be pretty creative. I am really glad this has happened, because it is opening my eyes to all kinds of different flours. If you are expecting a fluffy muffin these are not for you. They are pretty dense, but not in a bad way, I promise. They are almost the texture of brownies. In fact, next time, I will probably make them into brownies. After all, they are kid approved! 🙂
Coconut Strawberry Muffins
10 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
24 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup ground coconut or coconut flour
- 1/4 ww pastry flour
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (I used frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix all the wet.
- Add dry to wet.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake in the oven for about 12-14 minutes.
- Wait until they are completely cooled before removing from the pan.