Let’s face it, a lot of schools are going nut free these days. As a mom of a child with many food allergies, I totally get it. That’s why I am trying to create some nut free snacks. This one came out real good and it is so simple to make!
They were a hit with my daughter and husband. One of the other great things about this bar is that it is only fruit sweetened. No added sugar at all! It almost reminds me of an apple cinnamon KIND bar. I cooked mine for a few minutes, but I almost thing they can be made raw too.
Nut Free Snack Bars
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 2 cups brown rice puffed cereal
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the cereal, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, vanilla bean and sea salt in one bowl .
- In the food processor , mix the apples, dates and water until a syrup forms. It will be slightly thick.
- Get a sheet or parchment paper a little larger than the size of your pan, so you have some hanging out the sides. I used an odd sized pan. I think it was a 5X13? A standard 8X8 pan will work just fine.
- Once the syrup forms, add that to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed, transfer the mixture to your baking pan.
- Make sure the parchment is lining the pan first.
- Once everything is in the pan, press the mixture down firmly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- When it cools, remove the bars from the pan by grabbing the parchment paper sides.
- Cut into bars or squares with a pizza cutter .
I got about 10 bars out of my batch. These should last a week or two. You can even freeze them for longer storage.