Do you like magic bars? I made Paleo Magic Bars for you! These Paleo Magic Bars are also vegan and gluten free. The other day on my Facebook page, I asked about holiday treats. A lot of people mentioned magic bars.
I had actually never even heard of magic bars before. So I had to look them up. The original magic bars are loaded with processed ingredients. Well I knew I could find a way to clean them up a bit.
What is a magic bar you ask? It’s basically a graham cracker crust, with a caramel in the middle and then it’s topped with coconut, chocolate chips and nuts. I used a pecan crust since graham crackers are not exactly a whole food.
I made a cleaner version of it for you. I must say that even though my recipe is less processed, it is still indulgent and should be eaten in small amounts. It is very rich. My husband called these bars, the gift that keeps on giving. Lol. I guess he liked them. 😉
Paleo Magic Bars
Paleo Magic Bars
The classic holiday treat made healthier!
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 cup vegan sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the pecans, sea salt and dates until you see the mixture clump together.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough paper to stick out the sides.
- Gently press the pecan mixture into the glass baking dish. Make sure the bottom of the baking dish is covered with the pecan mixture. Press down well.
- Next, add the vegan sweetened condensed milk. Spread it all over the top of the pecan mixture.
- Lastly top the bars with the coconut, chips or whatever else you like.
- Use a fork to gently press the toppings into the condensed milk.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wait until the mixture has completely cooled before removing from the baking dish and slicing into squares.
- I used a pizza cutter to slice mine.
- My bars were slightly gooey, so I found letting them firm up in the fridge helped a lot.
Store these bars in the fridge in an airtight container. I suggest placing a sheet or parchment paper in between each bar so they don't stick to each other. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge. You may even be able to freeze them. Enjoy!
63 thoughts to “Paleo Magic Bars (Vegan & GF)”