Quinoa Granola Bars. Have you been wanting to get more quinoa into your diet? These Quinoa Granola Bars would be a great way to start.
Why is quinoa so great? It’s packed with a good amount of iron and fiber that will help keep you full. Quinoa is also one of the only plant based complete proteins.
Which means it contains all 9 amino acids that our body requires for nutrition. It has a nutty flavor. Since quinoa is technically a seed, it is grain free as well.
It is a perfect option for those who cannot tolerate oats. I used quinoa flakes to make these Quinoa Granola Bars. They look almost like quick oats. If you like homemade snack bar recipes, you may want to check out the rest of my snack bar recipes.
This healthy granola bar recipe is super easy to make. In fact, there is no baking required. All you need is 7 ingredients to make them. If you needed a nut free option for school lunch boxes, I think sunflower butter could easily be replaced for the almond butter I used.
These Quinoa Granola Bars are vegan, gluten free and grain free. This recipe is great because you can use it as a base to create your own bars.
I can think of many fun ingredients to add. They would never get boring. I hope you enjoy! You may also like my German Chocolate Quinoa Brownies.
Quinoa Granola Bars
Quinoa Granola Bars
A healthy snack bar perfect for lunchboxes!
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- In a small saucepan , on medium-low heat, combine the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add the saucepan mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. If the batter looks a little dry, you can add a little bit of milk. Since the mixture is thick, it takes a few minutes to mix well. I just used my hand to mix, but you can use a stand mixer as well.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Make sure you press down evenly and hard so it sticks together.
- Stick in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Once firmed up, slice into bars using a pizza cutter .
Store these bars in the fridge. You can also probably freeze them. Enjoy!