I have an exciting post for you guys today. I am reviewing Kathy Patalsky’s new book, Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen. You may already know Kathy from her awesome blog, The Lunch Box Bunch/Healthy Happy Life. She is also the founder of Finding Vegan, which is a pretty awesome place to check out lots of yummy vegan recipes!
If you are new to veganism, Happy Healthy Vegan Kitchen is a great book to start with. This book is packed with 220 easy vegan recipes! Not only is it full of yummy recipes like, coconut oil blueberry muffins, sprout avocado sandwich, curried quinoa patties and the strawberry avocado mache salad, it also comes with wellness tips and tips on stocking your vegan kitchen. Not only am I reviewing this book, I am also sharing a recipe and offering a giveaway to you guys! Yay!!
These cookies were seriously good. They didn’t even last a day in our house. I know you will love them too. If you want to pre-order the book, you can do so here. Good luck in the giveaway!
Gluten Free Almond Butter Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Almond Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 T almond butter softened
- 2 tsp coconut oil softened
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- pinch baking soda
- 2 T jam of choice (I used chia jam)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the jam, until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into balls and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indent into each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes to solidify the shape for baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. You can tell they are done when the edges are slightly browned.
- Once the cookies are done, place a small amount of jam into each thumbprint.
- Place the cookies in the fridge to chill.
- Serve the cookies once they have firmed up a bit.
- These cookies are best served the same day they are baked.
20 thoughts to “Almond Butter & Jelly Thumbprint Cookies”