DIY Spring Rolls. I love spring rolls. I always get them when we go out for Thai food. I just assumed they were hard to make. They are actually super easy!!
Not only am I sharing this great recipe for spring rolls, I also am hosting a giveaway from MightyNest for Earth Month. Yay!
One of my lucky readers will win these 3 beautiful bamboo cutting boards, and some other sustainably made bamboo products when you enter below. Good luck!
- Set of 3 bamboo cutting boards – For all your prep work
- Bamboo bread knife – For entertaining
- Bamboo cheese plane – For entertaining
- Bambo garden markers – So you can grow your own fresh herbs or whatever else you desire
- Bamboo goo – For keeping all your bamboo products in great shape. I suggest oiling them once a week.
- Bamboo toothbrushes – For you and the kids
Why choose MightyNest bamboo products?
- Did you know these products are only made from that is sustainably harvested and free of fertilizers or pesticides. And naturally, they use only water-based formaldehyde-free adhesives.
- Made from Organically grown bamboo
- Easy to care for and clean
I have these and I love them all!
MightyNest for schools supports the school of your choice. If you sign your school up, every time you shop on Mighty Nest, they will donate 15% of the sales to your school.
So you get safe, eco-friendly, reusable products for your kids and home, and you earn money for your school. Can it get better than that? Mighty Nest also supports healthy eating and living by sharing tips and challenges.
When you shop through MightyNest, you support the school of your choice. Take the pledge to consider using earth friendly bamboo products and sign your school up today!
Onto the spring roll recipe:
DIY Spring Rolls
DIY Spring Rolls
Say goodbye to store bought rolls and easily make your own!
For the spring rolls
- 1/4 of a purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 an avocado thinly sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 pkg rice paper
For the dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice (I juiced an orange for this)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos (if gluten free)
- Prep all the vegetables for the filling of the spring rolls, as stated in the ingredients list. Set them out on a cutting board.
- Fill a large bowl with water.
- Take 1 rice paper wrap and submerge it in the water for 5 seconds. Once it feels pliable, set it on the cutting board. Add a little of each vegetable to the middle of the spring roll. Then gently fold in the sides and roll it up. It may take a few tries to get the hang of it.
- Repeat these steps until all the ingredients are used.
- Place the finished spring rolls onto a serving plate.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
These spring rolls are best made to order. You can prep all the veggies and keep them separate from the rolls for several days. Then just make them up as you want to eat them. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by MightyNest, but all opinions are my own. The end.