OMG you guys! You are in for a treat. These Mini Apple Pies are epic and perfect for Fall. They best part is they are completely free of refined sugars, grains and flours! The base I used is the same one in my Lemon Coconut Cookie Cups. It worked perfectly. I love that these are perfectly bite sized for portion control.
These Mini Apple Pies are vegan, gluten free and paleo. They are also so delicious. Apple desserts are my favorite, so I will be making these again soon. If you like apple recipes as well, you may want to try my crock pot applesauce or my flourless apple muffins.
If you are a visual person, I filmed a video on how to make the cream topping.
Mini Apple Pies
Mini Apple Pies
The perfect little bite size apple pie.
For the crust
For the filling
- 1 apple, peeled (I used a very large honey crisp. If using a smaller apple, use two)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
For the topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the crust ingredients.
- If the mixture looks too runny, you can put it in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Press the dough into greased muffin cups .
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While that is baking, make the apple mixture.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a saucepan . Cook covered of medium heat, stopping to stir every few minutes.
- Once the apples look like the have softened and cook down, remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the crust is done, place the pan in the fridge to cool it quick.
- Once cooled, carefully remove each cup from the muffin pan.
- Place the filling into each cup and set aside to make the whip cream.
- To make the whip cream, scoop out the fatty part of the coconut milk and place it in a mixing bowl with the maple syrup. Save the remaining water to add to smoothies.
- Using the whipping attachment on your mixer , whip into a cream.
- Add the cream to each top of the apple pies.
These are best eaten right away, but I do think you can freeze the cup and filling part. The whip cream should always be made right before serving for best results. Enjoy!