Peanut Butter Jelly Bars are where it’s at. Your favorite childhood snack made into one tasty dessert bar.
This recipe came about because I accidentally contaminated a jar of jelly. My youngest daughter is allergic to tree nuts and I used a spoon that had touched cashew butter in the jam. So I needed to use it up in a recipe.
I made these bars for my husband to take to work for snacks.
These delicious bars are packed with peanut butter flavor. They also happen to be vegan, gluten free and oil free! I used raspberry jam, but you can use any jam flavor you like. You can also use sunflower butter if you need a nut free option.
Want to make this recipe? Watch the video below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
Looking for more peanut butter recipes?
- 3 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cup Nice Cream
- Flourless Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
Vegan Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/2 cup jam of choice (I used raspberry)
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, except the jam.
In a medium bowl, mix all the dry.
Add dry to wet and mix until well combined.
Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Press half the mixture into the pan.
Spread the jam on top of that.
Lastly, drop the last 1/2 of the batter on top of the jam.
Bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months. Enjoy!