This is a super easy recipe for a great snack addition to your holiday celebrations. Who needs chips when you can eat sweet and spicy almonds? This snack would be great alongside my Gingerbread Granola. Click here for that recipe.
I am thinking about giving my daughter’s teachers a batch of these instead of the applesauce I was going to make for them. This is so much easier. They take only a minute to throw together and then 20 minutes in the oven. Plus, they will make your house smell fabulous!
Sweet and Spicy Holiday Almonds
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 3 T maple syrup
- 2 T blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium sized bowl , add the almonds and the spices.
- Stir them around and then add the molasses and maple syrup.
- Stir until all the nuts are coated.
- Spread them out onto a lined baking sheet , sprinkle with salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take them out and shake.
- Then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled. Enjoy!