Sometimes you just get a craving for some ice cream. I make banana ice cream when I get those cravings. Most store bought ice creams are laden with additives, saturated fat and too many calories. I have an ice cream maker, but sometimes I forget to put the bowl back in the freezer. So when I have a sweet craving, I make this 5 minute banana ice cream.
I have a smoothie version of this as well. My Tropical Smoothie Peanut Paradise is made in a similar way. The best part of this recipe is that you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this. I use my vitamix, but I have used a magic bullet in the past as well. You will be surprised at how decadent this banana ice cream tastes. You will feel like you are cheating! Can it get any easier? I have used this many times to curb a sweet craving. It really works!
Banana Ice Cream
5 Minute Banana Ice Cream
Yields 1 serving
This stuff is so rich and delicious, it feels like you are eating real ice cream!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 peeled and frozen bananas
- 2 T almond or peanut butter
- 2 T almond milk
- optional add ins: nuts, chocolate chips, fruit, coconut, cocoa powder
- In a blender, , mix the bananas and the milk. You may need to cut the banana into chunks depending on how powerful your blender is.
- Once they are partly chopped up, add in the nut butter.
- Continue to blend until you get a soft serve consistency.
You may not even need to add the milk at all, but I think it helps blend everything easier. Spoon ice cream into a bowl and stir in any additional ingredients you desire. That’s it!