I have said before that my husband is a huge fan of all Tex Mex food. I swear he could eat tacos everyday. This is one recipe that he makes that I absolutely love, even though I am not that into Tex Mex. This recipe is not spicy, because I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food. I will add in some options if you want it a little hot.
Last week, in our co-op, there was an option to buy 48 ears of organic and non GMO corn. We jumped on that deal and have it tucked away in our freezer. We used some of that corn in this recipe. There is nothing like the sweet taste of corn on the cob. It reminds me of summer just like watermelon does. Yum!
Super Easy Tacos
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups corn (please use organic and non GMO corn if possible)
- 1-2 cups cooked wild rice or quinoa
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 3 T oil (I used Avocado Oil)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 pickled jalapino chopped (per taco)
- Cook the rice or quinoa according to the package instructions.
- I actually always have some kind of a grain cooked in the fridge that I can add to meals to stretch them out.
- In a large sauce pan, saute the onions, beans and spices in your oil of choice.
- When onions begin to soften, add corn, rice and lime juice and cook an additional 7 minutes or so on medium heat. That’s it.
Now you can create the taco with whatever fixings you like. We use Food for Life sprouted corn tortillas, add in the cooked mixture, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro and cheese of your choice. We use our dairy free cheese sauce and it tastes awesome with this recipe. Enjoy!