Healthy Key Lime Tarts. One of the things I think of during summer is healthy key lime tarts. I knew I had to find a way to make a healthy key lime vegan tart recipe.
My father-in-law loves all things key lime and he loved this key lime tart recipe! I had him come over and taste test them. If you like my Key Lime Larabars, you will love these key lime tarts!
I had soaked some cashews because I was making some Smoky Sweet Potato Tacos and the recipe called for a maple cream.
I thought they were plenty sweet and didn’t end up making the cream part. The tacos were bomb though!
I used the extra cashew cream in this recipe. These little tarts are vegan, grain free, gluten free and raw. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Healthy Key Lime Tarts
Yields 5 - 6 servings
2 hrPrep Time
2 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- 1-2 T coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight and then drained)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 T honey or maple syrup
- Juice from 2 key limes (even more if you like a super tart flavor)
- Soak the cashews overnight and then drain and rinse.
- In the food processor , grind up the salt, almonds and pecans until they are a course/crumbly texture.
- Add the dates and pulse until a dough starts to form. You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water or oil if the dough is not holding well.
- Press the dough into individual greased tart pans . I have the kind with the removable bottoms. Makes it real easy to remove them afterward. I got five out of my batch. It helps to use wet hands while forming the dough into place.
- Once all the dough is formed in the cups, place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm the dough back up.
- While the dough is firming back up, you can start on the filling. Throw the cashews, coconut milk, sweetener and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. I used my Vitamix . Take a taste. If you like it a little more tart, add some more lime juice.
- Pour the contents into the tart shells and let chill in the fridge for a couple hours. That’s it!