This Almond Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats is the ultimate indulgence in your daily breakfast. The best part? It’s totally healthy!
Yes that’s right. This healthy breakfast is made with good for you ingredients like almond butter, cacao powder and steel cut oats.
This is one of the easiest breakfasts you can make yourself. I make 5 at a time and eat them all week. My husband even takes them to work with him. They travel very well. Between the chia seeds and the cacao powder, you are getting a lot of antioxidants.
Also a lot of protein and fiber! This will keep you full until lunchtime. If you don’t know what cacao powder is, it is chocolate in it’s most raw form.
It can be bitter, but it’s so good for you. I usually put a chopped medjool date in my oatmeal and it turns into a caramel overnight. It gives just a hint of sweetness. You can also use maple syrup.
Some other overnight oats flavors to try:
- German Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Lemon Coconut Overnight Oats
- Almond Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- Blueberries and Cream Overnight Oats
Almond Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats
Yields 1 serving
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup gluten free steel cut oats (use rolled oats for a smoother oatmeal)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 T almond butter
- 1 chopped medjool date or 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Throw everything in a jar
- Mix well and store in the fridge overnight to eat.
My recipe makes a thicker oatmeal. If you like yours thinner, just add a bit more milk. Take out in the morning and enjoy. I eat mine cold right out of the fridge. You can also try my Overnight Oats in a Jar.