I am a big fan of homemade ice cream. This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is the bomb! This mint chocolate chip ice cream is also dairy free, gluten free and vegan. This peppermint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is even paleo approved.
It’s also creamy delicious. I highly recommend getting an ice cream maker if your budget allows. It pretty much pays for itself after a few batches. Have you priced organic, healthy ice cream lately? Way too expensive for me. That is why I make my own ice cream recipes.
I make my mint peppermint ice cream recipe with coconut milk. For those of you that hate coconut, don’t worry. You can’t taste it in this at all! All you taste in the mint and little bites of chocolate chips.
The best part about this ice cream is that it only has 4 simple ingredients! Super simple.
Some other ice cream recipes you may like:
- Double Chocolate Ice Cream
- Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Yields 4 servings
Only 4 ingredients to make this frozen treat!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 -3 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 T vegan dark chocolate chips
- Make sure you ice cream bowl has been in the freezer for 18 hours.
- Mix the coconut milk, maple syrup and peppermint extract in a medium sized bowl .
- Pour contents into the ice cream machine and turn on. It should take about 15-20 minutes to make ice cream.
- When the ice cream looks very close to being done, add the chocolate chips and use a spoon to guide the ice cream around so the chips get mixed in evenly.
The ice cream will be a soft serve consistency. If you like a harder ice cream, stick it in the freezer for an hour. I store mine in this tub . The ice cream will harden a lot once frozen, so if you plan to eat some, pull it out about 30 minutes prior to eating. If you don't have an ice cream machine, you can make this recipe into popsicles. I like these molds . Enjoy!