Who doesn’t like a nice slice of homemade banana bread? Just the smell of it baking makes my mouth water. I have several healthy banana bread recipes on my blog already, but I had never combined banana, chocolate and coconut together. I finally combined those flavors making this chocolate coconut banana bread. This healthy chocolate coconut banana bread is oil free and has very little added maple syrup. I use 3 VERY ripe bananas which helped add a natural sweetness to this. Needless to say, ours was gone in just 2 days!
Using the extra rip bananas helped keep this bread nice and moist without the addition of oil. This super easy banana bread recipe is vegan and gluten free. You could even make a double batch and freeze some. It freezes very well. I hope you enjoy it.
Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
Yields 1 9 inch loaf
Chocolate, coconut and banana go so well together in this easy banana bread recipe!
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 3 very ripe bananas smashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined loaf pan. I used a 9 inch loaf pan .
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait until the bread has completely cooled before removing from the pan.
Store this bread in the fridge. It should last a week or two. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!