I have always loved spring rolls. So light and so many possibilities.
Asian food is my favorite style of cooking. If you have read my recipe index, you probably would have guessed that. Probably because most of the meals are quick and easy. I always thought that spring rolls were hard to make. The truth is, they are actually pretty easy. It took about 2 rolls and I had it down. One thing to know is, these are best eaten immediately. So we only made what we planned on eating. The rice paper should keep for quite some time in the packaging. You can really add whatever you want to them. Here is what we added.
- 1 pkg rice paper rolls
- 1 cup carrots sliced in thin strips
- 1 cup cabbage sliced in thin strips
- 2 green onions sliced in thin strips
- 1 cup cucumber sliced in thin strips
- 1 cup firm tofu sliced in thin strips (please make sure it is non GMO verified)
- 1/4 cup daikon sliced in thin strips
- optional: mint leaves, basil, dill
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or bragg's aminos
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh minced ginger