Chocolate Almond Banana Bites. These chocolate almond frozen banana bites are so good! I wanted to incorporate the flavors of my 5 minute banana ice cream, which I seem to make at least a few times a week.
These frozen chocolate treats are so healthy and it feels like you are cheating! No ice cream maker necessary!
This recipe actually won a contest on The Today Show.
These chocolate almond banana bites contain no added sugars, except for the small amount of sugar in the dark chocolate. They are a great banana chocolate dessert to keep in your freezer when you have that sweet craving.
I used standard sized muffin cups to make mine, but you can also use mini cups and make a larger, bite-size batch.
Looking for more frozen treats?
- Banana Walnut Freezer Fudge
- Blueberries and Cream Popsicles
- Cold-Brew Coffee Ice Cream
- Strawberry Popsicles
Chocolate Almond Banana Bites
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy treat!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 dark chocolate bars (I used Endangered Species 3.5 oz bars)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk )
- In a small bowl, mix the banana, vanilla and almond butter.
- Mash it together well and set aside.
- In a saucepan, , melt the chocolate and almond milk on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once you get a smooth chocolate, add a small amount to the bottom of a lined muffin tin.
- I used silicone muffin liners to make removing the chocolate easier when it’s time to eat.
- Once you have placed chocolate at the bottom on each cup, stick it in the freezer to firm up. About 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is firm, add in the banana filling and then cover the top with more chocolate.
- Repeat these steps until all are done.
Using standard sized muffin cups, I got 6 out of my batch. I store them in the freezer. Enjoy!