I have been trying to experiment with grain free pastas lately. I first made my Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Pesto. That was a huge hit, so I thought I would try spaghetti squash next. That is how this Spaghetti Squash with Pesto Sauce was born. Now this pesto sauce is different. It is made with hemp oil. If you haven’t had hemp oil, you should give it a try! Not only is it healthy, it has a very nice nutty taste!
Spaghetti squash is super easy to make. No spiralizer needed! It is very naturally very stringy, so you just need to scoop it out once roasted.
Spaghetti Squash with Pesto Sauce
A super healthy, low carb, grain free pasta option!
For the Spaghetti
- 1 spaghetti squash
For the Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Brush the squash with oil and lay face down on a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting. Make the pesto.
- In a food processor , combine all the pesto ingredients, except the water, and mix well.
- Slowly, 1 tablespoon at a time, add water until you reach a desired consistency.
- Once the squash is done, use a fork to pull out the spaghetti.
- Toss the pesto on top and serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
This dish should last about a week in the fridge. The pesto sauce may be frozen, but I am not sure if the squash can be.