The other day, we ate at Whole Foods. I love the selections in their salad bar. So many items are actually organic now. Anyway, I had this delicious Brussel sprouts salad.
So I took a picture of the ingredients and tried to re-create a similar dish at home. My Brussel sprout salad is slightly different. It is also very tasty!
Now that the weather is warming up, this Brussel sprouts salad would be perfect to take to a spring party. Or you could make it for Easter as well.
I have only recently become a fan of Brussel sprouts. If you are on the fence about them, I highly advise you to try my Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts or my Honey Balsamic Brussel Sprouts.
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
Brussel Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
A light and healthy salad perfect for spring!
For the salad
- 1 lbs Brussel Sprouts (ends removed and shredded)
- 1 large or 2 small carrots (ends removed, peeled and shredded)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small apple diced (You can either peel it or leave the skin on. I peeled mine)
For the dressing
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 T hemp oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 1/2 T raw honey
- salt to taste
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- I highly suggest letting the salad sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. That will give the flavors time to marinate.
This salad should keep for a week in the fridge. Enjoy!
10 thoughts to “Brussel Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Almonds”