Hooray for Strawberry Mousse! Especially when it’s made healthier. I am so glad that spring is here. That means the price of berries becomes more affordable. So I have been making all kinds of treats with strawberries.
My most recent strawberry recipe, my strawberry truffles, quickly became one of my most pinned recipes. I am hoping you will enjoy this healthy mousse recipe as well.
The coconut and strawberry flavors go so well together. I also have a yummy strawberry ice cream and a grain free strawberry tart.
It only takes 3 ingredients to make this delicious strawberry mousse that is perfect for spring! This mouse is not only easy to make, it’s also vegan, gluten free and paleo. Enjoy!
Here is a short video on how I make the coconut cream. Super easy! For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Only 3 ingredients to make this delicious dessert!
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries (I used fresh, but frozen can work too)
- Place the can of coconut milk unopened in the fridge overnight.
- In a small blender or food processor , combine the strawberries and maple syrup.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the solid part. Put it into a mixing bowl.
- There will be some water left in the can. Don't throw it away. Freeze it in ice cube trays to add flavor to smoothies.
- Using a whipping attachment, whip the solid coconut into a cream. I did this in my Kitchen Aid mixer. This should take a couple minutes.
- Gently fold in the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into bowls and store in the fridge to set. About 2 hours.
If you use frozen fruit, please let it thaw completely before using in this recipe. You may also need to strain out some of the liquid. Enjoy!
36 thoughts to “Strawberry Mousse (Vegan and Gluten Free)”