I know how hard it can be with a child that has allergies. My own daughter suffers from dairy, soy and sesame seed allergies. Nut allergies can be particularly challenging since so many things contain traces of nuts. Well I developed these nut free truffles with you in mind. You can now enjoy healthy sweets without a trace of nuts. These nut free truffles are not only nut free, but they are dairy free, and soy free too!
These delicious, nut free truffles are made with sunflower butter. Creamy sunflower butter with a decadent chocolate coating. I promise you it is delicious. A very easy recipe as well. Gluten free, grain free and vegan also.
Nut Free Truffles
Nut Free Truffles
An allergy friendly sweet treat!
For the filling
- 1 cup sunflower butter
- 2 T coconut flour (or another flour if you can't have coconut)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips ( Enjoy Life chips are nut, dairy and soy free)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the chocolate coating
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life are nut, dairy and soy free)
- 1/4 cup flax milk
- In a food processor , combine the sunflower butter, maple syrup, coconut flour and sea salt.
- Blend together for a minute, then add in the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times to mix them in well.
- Form truffles into balls and place onto a lined baking sheet. I used a cookie scoop for mine.
- Stick the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour.
- Using a double boiler method, (see notes) melt the chocolate and the milk until everything is smooth and blended together.
- Using two forks, roll the truffles into the chocolate and coat each one completely. Then place them back on the baking sheet .
- Stick in the freezer for another hour or so.
- Once the chocolate has firmed back up, you can store these in the fridge.
- They should last several weeks in the fridge and longer in the freezer.
**When I mention the double boiler method, this is all you have to do. Fill a medium saucepan with water. Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan. Bring the water in the saucepan to a boil. Place the chocolate and milk into the glass bowl. This allows the chocolate to gently melt without burning it. Enjoy!
27 thoughts to “Nut Free Truffles”