I know many of you avoid soy products, but I think it’s quite okay to include some fermented soy products in your diet. Asian cultures have been eating them for years. The real concern comes when you are already ingesting a large amount of soy found in processed foods. As long as you avoid processed foods, a little soy will not be a big deal. Since most soy products in this country are GMO, it is very important to look for soy products that have been non GMO verified. This miso stir fry with cauliflower rice was both delicious and filling. I added tofu to mine, but you could really use any protein you like in this dish.
This miso stir fry was created by my husband. I came up with the idea, and he put it all together. He is way better with the savory dishes than I am. I wanted to do cauliflower rice again because I loved it so much in this dish. This miso stir fry may seem like it has a lot of steps, but you can make the tofu and cauliflower rice ahead of time. That is what I did.
Here is a quick video on how to make the cauliflower rice
Miso Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious and filling meal!
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu cubed (or your favorite protein)
- 1 cup carrots rough chopped
- 2 small heads of broccoli (cut in florets)
- 1 head cauliflower (cut in florets)
- 1/2 an onion rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery rough chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
For the sauce
- 4 T miso paste
- 4 T water
- 4 T maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl .
- Drain the tofu and pat dry. Cut it into cubes and place it on a lined baking sheet .
- Brush the sauce on the tofu. There will be some sauce left over that you will use in the stir fry.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, you can make the rice.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until you get a crumb-like consistency. Be careful not to mix it too much because it can get mushy.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the cauliflower and a couple teaspoons of oil to the pan. Saute for about 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly toasted. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli for 10 minutes.
- In large saute pan, combine the carrots, onions, celery, garlic and sesame oil. Cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes. Once that mixture is done, put all the ingredients for the stir fry together with the remaining miso sauce. Stir fry for just a couple more minutes to coat the sauce evenly.
If you don't like tofu, you can always use another protein. This should last a week in the fridge. I don't suggest freezing it though. The recipe may seem a little involved, but you can make the tofu and cauliflower rice ahead of time. Enjoy!