I made you some vegan chocolate cheesecake. 🙂 Yes that is right. Cheesecake can be vegan, and this vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe proves it. It’s the perfect little bite sized portion that will not leave you feeling guilty.
In addition to being vegan, these cheesecakes are also gluten free. The chocolate part is very rich and delicious so a little will satisfy your sweet tooth. If you don’t want to make these into mini cheesecakes, you can most certainly make 1 large cheesecake. You may have to double the batch though.
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust
For the cheesecake
- In a food processor , combine the crust ingredients until a loose dough starts to form.
- Press the mixture down into some lined muffin cups. I used silicone muffin cups and standard muffin pans .
- Stick the muffin cups in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- While the crust is firming, make the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add the to a food processor with the rest of the cheesecake ingredients.
- Blend well until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the crust in the standard muffin cups.
- Give these at least 24 hours to set. You can eat them before then, but keep in mind they will not be fully firm until at least 24 hours in the fridge.
These vegan cheesecakes need to be stored in the fridge. They should last at least 7 days. You can probably also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!