I have 5 words for you. Peanut butter banana breakfast cookies. Cookies for breakfast? Um, yes please! These peanut butter banana breakfast cookies are a favorite around here.
These cookies are healthy and filled with protein and fiber to keep you full for quite a while. These are great for on the go kids too. What kid wouldn’t get excited to eat cookies for breakfast? Meadow ate at least five when they came out of the oven. She is a ninja when it comes to snatching cookies off the baking sheet.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
Yields 18 Cookies
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 cup spelt flour (for a gluten free version, use gluten free all purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana smashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (If you have a peanut allergy, you can sub sunflower butter. I have a recipe here )
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 T almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix the wet in another. ( If you store your peanut butter in the fridge like I do, you may have to heat it in a saucepan for a minute to soften it. )
- Combine wet and dry and stir just until they are well incorporated. The dough will be very sticky.
- Spoon onto a lined or greased baking sheets and bake for 12-17 minutes.
I bake a big batch of these and store some in my freezer for busy mornings. Enjoy!