Peanut Butter Granola Bars are very easy to make yourself. This recipe can be used as a base and you can add in whatever you like. If you need a nut free version, sunflower butter works great in place of the peanut butter.
These bars are very similar to my Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies. They came out yummy and were kid friendly too. My little girl loved them!
It is all over Meadow’s face. Even my mostly tube fed baby ate some!
This would make a good afternoon snack too. I often snack on my homemade granola in the afternoons for a sweet treat. You can find one of those recipes here.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 T vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a sauce pan, on medium heat, combine the banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and milk.
- Stir until combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Line a pan with parchment paper. I do this because it is so easy to just lift them out of the pan and cut with a pizza cutter. I do, however, reuse the same piece of parchment over and over again. There is no reason to throw it away after one use. I just store it in the cabinet with the baking pans.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting.
I store them in a plastic container separated by parchment paper. They should keep for about two weeks, although mine will not last that long! Enjoy!
What other flavors would you like to see?