This recipe is in response to a post I wrote the other day. You can read about that here. After that post, I had many requests for a healthier homemade version. Here is my first option. I hope to have others in the future too. 🙂
These bars are very similar to my Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies. They came out yummy and were kid friendly too.
It is all over Meadow’s face. Even my mostly tube fed baby ate some!
This would make a good afternoon snack too. I often snack on my homemade granola in the afternoons for a sweet treat. You can find one of those recipes here.
So here is the recipe.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a sauce pan, on medium heat, combine the banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and milk.
- Stir until combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Line a pan with parchment paper. I do this because it is so easy to just lift them out of the pan and cut with a pizza cutter. I do, however, reuse the same piece of parchment over and over again. There is no reason to throw it away after one use. I just store it in the cabinet with the baking pans.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting.
They should keep for about two weeks, although mine will not last that long! Enjoy!
What other flavors would you like to see?