I have been looking for homemade veggie burgers recipes. These sweet potato veggie burgers are not my own recipe. However, I make it a lot so I wanted to share it with you. I found it on vegweb. I made a few changes to the original recipe.
These sweet potato veggie burgers are easy to make, freeze well and a much better alternative to store bought versions. I will typically make a double batch so I can freeze a bunch. Then when you have a busy night with no time to cook dinner, you can whip these out, reheat and serve. Super easy. They are sweet so kids will like them too. I add avocado to the top of mine because avocados make everything better! These would go great with my Healthy French Fries.
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats (depending on the size of your sweet potato)
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 T nutritional yeast optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the sweet potato until tender.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato.
- Add the oats and stir in the seasonings. I used my kitchen aid mixer to stir it well.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Line or grease a baking sheet with a bit of oil and put the patties on it. I use a Mr Misto oil sprayer to grease the pan. Works like PAM , but much healthier because you can fill it with whichever oil you choose. No chemicals.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the burgers are a bit crispy on the outside. Enjoy!