Ever since I wrote my post on Boca Burgers Exposed, I have been looking for homemade veggie burgers recipes. These sweet potato veggie burgers are not my own recipe. However, I make it a lot so I wanted to share it with you. I found it on vegweb. I made a few changes to the original recipe.
These sweet potato veggie burgers are easy to make, freeze well and a much better alternative to store bought versions. I will typically make a double batch so I can freeze a bunch. Then when you have a busy night with no time to cook dinner, you can whip these out, reheat and serve. Super easy. They are sweet so kids will like them too. I add avocado to the top of mine because avocados make everything better! These would go great with my Healthy French Fries.
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the sweet potato until tender.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato.
- Add the oats and stir in the seasonings. I used my kitchen aid mixer to stir it well.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Line or grease a baking sheet with a bit of oil and put the patties on it. I use a Mr Misto oil sprayer to grease the pan. Works like PAM, but much healthier because you can fill it with whichever oil you choose. No chemicals.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the burgers are a bit crispy on the outside. Enjoy!