I just loved roasted chickpeas. They make such a healthy snack and can be done sweet or savory as you have seen in my maple cinnamon roasted chickpeas and my smokey roasted chickpeas. When my husband made homemade sriracha a few weeks ago, I instantly knew I wanted to try sriracha roasted chickpeas.
These don’t end up as spicy as sriracha is. The sweetness comes through more, but with a little kick. This healthy snack is vegan and gluten free. Also a great alternative to those who have nut allergies. If you want a sweet version of the roasted chickpeas, you can check out this video.
Serves: 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If you are using canned beans, drain, rinse and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well.
- Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stopping to shake them around every 10 minutes or so.
- If the chickpeas are not fully roasted after 40 minutes, turn down the heat to 225 and cook a bit longer.