Overnight oats are my favorite breakfast. They also go by the name oats in a jar. Overnight oats are so easy and require no cooking! You can make up a batch of 5 at a time and have easy breakfasts all week. Overnight oats are also very popular on my blog. When I was making my Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats, I wanted to use that cashew cream again. This time with fruit. So that is when I thought do make these Blueberries and Cream Overnight Oats.
A simple, healthy breakfast that requires no cooking!
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats or gluten free steel cut oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 - 1 cup almond milk (depending on how thick/thin you like it)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Soak the cashews overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews well.
- Add them to a blender with the maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- In a glass jar, combine all the ingredients except the blueberries.
- Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
A few things to note. If you are using steel cut oats, they will retain a slight crunch. If you like a smoother oatmeal, try using the rolled oats. I add the fruit in the morning. You could add it the night before, but if you plan on making a weeks worth of breakfasts, add the fruit right before you plan to eat it. I eat mine cold, but feel free to warm yours up in the morning if you wish. This recipe would also work great with strawberries, raspberries or blackberries.