Do you like carrot cake? You can have it for breakfast with this Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal. If you have been following me for a while, you know I love my oats and oatmeal. Baked oatmeal is a great way to take your oats on the go. Baked oatmeal is like oats in muffin form.
Another thing that makes baked oatmeal so great is that it can be made ahead of time. I usually make a double batch and stick one batch in the freezer. That way, if I am feeling lazy one morning, I have a healthy breakfast option to pull out of the freezer. Just reheat and you are good to go!
I must admit, I am not a fan of carrot cake anything. My husband is a huge fan of anything carrot cake, so he tasted tested these and gave his approval! It took me two tries to get this recipe perfect. I hope you enjoy it.
Here are some other carrot cake recipes you may like:
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
Yields 12 standard muffins or 6 jumbo muffins
The oatmeal you can take on the go!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried pineapples
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin pans .
- I used jumbo and got 6. If you use standard, you will get 12.
- I baked the jumbo sized oatmeal for 20 minutes. If you do standard sized, you probably need to bake for less time. I am guessing about 12-15 minutes.
I used jumbo muffin pans and baked these for 20 minutes. If you use standard muffin pans, you will need to bake them for less time. I would check on them after 10 minutes. My guess is the standard sized oatmeal would take about 12-15 minutes. Store these in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for longer storage.