New overnight oats recipe for you guys today. This time it’s Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats. If you haven’t tried overnight oats before, I suggest you try. They are seriously life changing. You can make up a week’s worth at a time for easy and healthy breakfasts all week. Since they come in a jar, they are easy for you to take to work as well. I love the combination of the toasted coconut and the almonds.
I used steel cut oats in my recipe because I like the crunch that retains. If you like a smoother oatmeal, you can use rolled oats. These can be eaten hot or cold. Whichever you prefer. I like mine cold because they remind me of cereal.
Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats
Yields 1 jar = 1-2 servings
The toasted coconut really makes the flavors pop in this easy breakfast recipe!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup gluten free steel cut oats or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T chopped almonds
- 1 T toasted shredded coconut
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 medjool date chopped or 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Measure out 1/4 cup shredded coconut and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a jar. I like to use [these jars|http://tinyurl.com/l5qyee5
- ]. Mix well, cover and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you can heat them up or eat them cold. If the mixture looks a little dry, you can always add a little extra milk. Enjoy!
Which is your favorite overnight oats recipe?