I just love roasted chickpeas. Doesn’t matter if it is a sweet or savory version. These Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas just might be my favorite version yet. Warning: you may not be able to stop eating them! This is a must try for pumpkin lovers.
I love how versatile chickpeas can be. They can be eaten roasted, in a salad and you can even make cookies with them. These roasted chickpeas are vegan and gluten free. They are also nut free, which makes them perfect for school snacks.
Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas
Yields 1 1/2 cups roasted chickpeas
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl .
- In a small bowl , mix together the pumpkin, maple syrup, spices and salt. Stir well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the chickpeas and mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for about 60 minutes, stopping every 15 minutes to shake the chickpeas around.
Mine didn't even make it off the tray! 🙂 If you have leftovers, store in a container with rice scattered on the bottom. The rice will help absorb the moisture and keep the chickpeas crunchy. Enjoy!