Homemade Sriracha Sauce. My husband loves sriracha. He puts it on everything. So when we started eating a whole food vegan diet, we took a look at the label of the sriracha.
The one that we had been buying was not vegan. In fact, he could only find one brand of sriracha that was vegan.
Most brands contained a fish sauce and a lot of preservatives. Even the vegan brand contained preservatives. So he finally decided to make his own homemade sriracha. Turns out it’s pretty easy to do!
This homemade sriracha literally takes almost no time at all to make. Most condiments are very easy to make yourself. You can check out my roundup of healthy condiment recipes here.
Homemade Sriracha Sauce
Yields 2 cups
This popular sauce is easy to make yourself!
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 lb red fresno peppers (red bell peppers work too)
- 2 habanero peppers
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white vinegar (please try to buy organic)
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the peppers and mince the garlic.
- In the food processor , add all the ingredients and pulse until everything is mostly broken down.
- Add the processed mixture to a saute pan and cook on high for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar. (I used a small mason jar.)
- Store in the fridge.
This sauce is very spicy. If you like less heat, you can remove the seeds or even use less hot peppers. Sriracha should keep in the fridge for a couple months. You can also freeze it for longer storage.