I have some Oat Bran Muffins for you to try! I have been making bran muffins for years. However, the recipe I use is not gluten free. It calls for spelt flour.
So this week, I tweaked it a bit to make it gluten free. The result was delicious and my 6 year old LOVED them. I hope you love them too.
Not only is this recipe vegan and gluten free, but it can easily be made nut free if you just swap out the almond milk for another nut free milk.
These healthy muffins would make the perfect snack for lunchboxes. It’s also a super versatile recipe, so you can add in whatever you like. Some add ins I may try are: chocolate chips, berries and pecans.
Want to make this recipe? Watch the video below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube channel.
Looking for more muffin or donut recipes?
- Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Coffee Chocolate Oatmeal Bites
- Carrot Raisin Muffins
- Apple Spice Coffee Cake Muffins
- Flourless Peanut Butter Muffins
Oat Bran Muffins
Oat Bran Muffins
The perfect healthy breakfast muffin!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat bran
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl , combine the milk and oat bran. Stir well and let sit for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In another medium bowl , combine the dry ingredients. Stir with a fork.
- In a large bowl , add the maple syrup, flax eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Mix well.
- Once the oat bran is done soaking, add that to the liquid mixture and mix.
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pans . I used silicone muffin liners and did not have to grease. If you use paper liners, you will need to brush them with oil so the muffins do not stick.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from the muffin liners.
- Keep these in the fridge or freezer. They should last at least a week in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!
5 thoughts to “Oat Bran Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)”