Maca Energy Bars. When you start reading all about eating healthy, there are certain foods that come up. Kale, chia seeds, goji berries and maca are just some of them. I was curious about maca root powder, so I had to get a bag to try out.
It is pretty pricey, but it lasts a long time. Kind of like the chia seeds. Maca root is a tuber, kind of like a potato. It is very well known as a natural energy booster. It can also help with hormonal issues such as menopause and fertility.
Maca is rich in B vitamins as well. So I decided to make an energy bar with it. This energy bar is not only vegan, but grain free and gluten free too.
Maca Energy Bars
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T maca powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , grind the almonds into a course consistency.
- Add them to a bowl with the sunflower seeds, maca powder, flax meal, pepitas, chia seeds and salt.
- In a saucepan, combine the maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil.
- Mix until all are well combined.
- Add it to the bowl with the dried ingredients.
- Tear a sheet of parchment slightly bigger than an 8X8 pan .
- Line an 8X8 pan with the paper.
- Spread in the mixture and pack down tight .
- Place in the fridge to set. About 1 hour.
I got 8 bars out of my batch. Store them in the fridge or even freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!