I love making homemade chips. These yummy chips are my latest creation. The maple and cinnamon flavors go so well in this easy parsnip chip recipe. If you don’t know what parsnips are, they are in the same family as carrots and have a mild, sweet flavor. These maple cinnamon parsnip chips are so good! My kids and I ate the whole tray! If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy my zucchini chips and my maple cinnamon roasted chickpeas.
Maple Cinnamon Parsnip Chips
Yields 30 chips
A healthy snack for your sweet cravings!
5 minPrep Time
50 minTotal Time
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a sharp knife of a mandoline slicer, slice the parsnips very thin.
- Add them to a bowl with the maple syrup.
- Toss the chips around in the bowl so they all get coated with maple syrup.
- Spread them out onto a lined baking sheet .
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon and sea salt.
- Bake from anywhere from 30-45 minutes. Stop halfway to turn the chips over.
- Store the chips in an airtight container with a little rice scattered on the bottom. The rice will help absorb the moisture and keep the chips crispy.
The cooking time will depend on how thick/thin you slice the chips. Just keep a close eye on them. You can feel when they are crispy.