Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites. Time for another pumpkin recipe! This time it’s pumpkin energy bites. I already have a no bake pumpkin cookie recipe on my blog, but I wanted to create another one that would be great pre or post workouts.
These energy bites are packed with protein. While these pumpkin pie energy bites are gluten free, they are not grain free. If you wanted a grain free option for energy bites, you could probably just use nuts instead of oats.
You can make up these healthy energy bites in just a matter of minutes. They also have no sugar added. They are only sweetened with dates and cranberries. I found cranberries at Natural Grocers that were sweetened with apples vs most cranberries that are sweetened with processed sugar.
I bet these energy bites would be great to put into your kiddos lunch boxes since they are nut free. 🙂
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas
- Grain Free Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
Yields 15 medium sized bites
The perfect pre or post workout snack! Great for school lunchboxes too!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 10-12 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T sunflower seeds or pepitas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- In a food processor , combine the pumpkin, oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Once those are well combined add in the dates and mix some more.
- Lastly, add in the cranberries and pulse a couple times.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on the lined baking sheet in the fridge.
- They should only take a few minutes to set up.
- You can store these in the fridge or even freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!