Slow Cooker Apple Butter. I had about 8 apples to use up in the fridge, so I decided to attempt some slow cooker apple butter. I was so glad I did. Not only was it super easy to make, but it let me use up all those bruised apples!
I added a little bit of sweetener to my apples because I wanted to make sure this was very different than my slow cooker applesauce.
I thought the small amount of sugar would help give it a thicker texture once cooked down. I really do think it helped, but next time I am going to try it with no sugar at all and see how it turns out.
This wonderful apple butter will make your house smell amazing as it cooks! It’s perfect to use as a spread or even as a dip. The possibilities are endless.
I plan on using this apple butter in an upcoming recipe too!
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
Whip up the taste of Fall with this easy slow cooker apple butter!
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 8 medium sized apples, chopped (I used fuji)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker .
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until apples look very soft.
- Once apples are cooked transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in a mason jar.
- It should keep in the fridge for a few weeks. Enjoy!