I have a new entree idea for you. Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa. This recipe is super healthy and easy + you can really use any veggies you have on hand.
This meal is vegan and gluten free. Like I said before, any veggies work. The veggies I chose for this recipe are the ones I like best. I have also used Brussels sprouts, but I didn’t have any on hand at the time.
We filmed a short video for this recipe. You can view it below. For more video updates, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Yields 5 servings
This Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa is a great way to use leftover vegetables. Vegan and gluten free!
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- ½ cup quinoa , uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- 5 – 6 carrots chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- On a baking sheet , add all the ingredients except the quinoa and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes stirring at least once.
- In a small pot , add the quinoa and water and bring to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer covered for 7 – 10 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and soft.
- Once the veggies and quinoa are done cooking, mix in a large bowl and serve.
Keep this in the fridge. It should last at least 5 days. Enjoy!