Pumpkin Granola Bars. Granola bars are so great. I just love these vegan granola bars. Not only are they healthy and easy to make, but they travel well and make good snacks when you are on the go.
But let’s face it, the store bought granola bars can not be trusted to be healthy. Making your own is great because you can control the ingredient and sugar.
After my post for the peanut butter granola bars, there were requests for other flavors. So naturally I had to try pumpkin granola bar recipe.
This recipe is very similar to my pumpkin granola. These bars are a bit on the soft side because of the pumpkin, but they taste delicious! They only took minutes to make.
You can make a big batch and freeze some too. That works great if you get a pumpkin craving in the spring like I sometimes do. 🙂
Pumpkin Granola Bars
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 heaping tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix wet into another.
- Combine wet to dry really well so all the oats get coated.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. I used an odd sized pan, but an 8X8 or 9X9 pan would work well. Give yourself enough of the paper so it sticks out the sides. This will make the bars easier to pull out and cut with a pizza cutter.
- Using the extra paper, press the bars with your palms so they are packed well and evenly flat.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Let the bars cool completely before cutting.
Store in an airtight container separated by parchment paper. They should keep for about two weeks. Enjoy!