I used to think that french fries were off limits once I started eating better, but it turns out that’s not the case. I already have a Healthy French Fry recipe on the blog. I love sweet potatoes and I really wanted to make some french fries with them as well. Today I made these sweet potato french fries and they were amazing!
This sweet potato french fry recipe is really simple to make. The smoky flavor of the chili powder and the smoked paprika really goes well with the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. This recipe would go great with my veggie burgers. I loved dipping them into my Homemade Ketchup. Needless to say, the entire tray was gone in minutes. My picky, older daughter loved them! This made me very happy because she says she doesn’t like sweet potatoes.
Smoky Sweet Potato Fries
Yields 4 servings
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 sweet potato chopped into fries (I used this machine )
- 1 heaping tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a saute pan , pan sear the fries with the oil and spices for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
- Once all the fries are well coated with seasoning and oil, spread them out on a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 1 hour, stopping halfway to flip and shake them around.
That’s it! These should last a week or so in the fridge. If you can keep them that long!