I have been wanting to make something chai flavored for a long time. I am so glad I decided to make these Flourless Chai Sandwich Cookies. They are quick and easy to make. I filmed a video for You Tube the other day about coconut cream. So I decided to use the coconut cream in this cookie recipe to take it to the next level. If you enjoy my other flourless cookie recipes, you will enjoy these!
These delicious cookies are vegan, gluten free and paleo. If you want to make things extra easy, you can skip the filling and just make the cookies. If you make the filling, you can either make cookie sandwiches like I did, or you can just frost the tops. Your choice. I like my chai flavoring spicy, but if you don’t you can lessen the spices a little. 🙂
Here is a little video on how to make the coconut cream filling.
I would love for you to subscribe to my channel! You can do that by clicking here.
Flourless Chai Sandwich Cookies
Yields 6 sandwich cookies or 12 cookies
A spicy cookie with a creamy filling!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cup cashew butter (use sunflower butter for a nut free option)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine all the ingredients. Mix only until a dough starts to form.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet . Use a spatula to flatten them a little.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookie cool completely. They will crumble if they are still warm.
- Once they are completely cooled, then you can add the filling.
These cookies should last a couple weeks in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer. Enjoy!