The holidays are approaching fast and now it’s time to share all kind of sweet treats. Today I have some Pecan Caramel Truffles that are out of this world. These were originally going to be a recipe for energy bites, but I thought they were a bit too rich, and would be better suited as a dessert. This healthy truffle recipe is a cinch to make and it will be a hit with anyone.
Pecan Caramel Truffles
Yields 12-15 truffles depending on the size
Just 5 ingredients to make these healthier pecan caramel truffles.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cashew butter , or another nut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 T coconut oil
- In a food processor , combine the dates and cashew butter until smooth. Then add in the pecans and pulse a few times just to get them mixed through. You want to have some crunchy pieces in there.
- Roll into balls and place on a lined baking sheet .
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge while you make the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil using a double boiler method. Once the chocolate is smooth, drizzle over the truffles and place them back in the fridge to firm up. It should only take about 30 minutes to firm back up.
Keep these stored in the fridge or freezer. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge and months in the freezer. Enjoy!