Have you seen the new Larabar Bites? I made you some Copycat Chocolate Macaroon Larabar Bites! They are meant to be dessert truffles instead of snacks like the original Larabars. These Copycat Chocolate Macaroon Larabar bites are so much cheaper to make yourself.
The bites are almost like a rich chocolatey truffle with hints of coconut. They only take a few minutes to make and only 6 simple ingredients!! These bites of yum are vegan, gluten free and paleo. They also freeze well too if you want to keep a stash on hand for chocolate cravings.
Copycat Chocolate Macaroon Larabar Bites
Rich chocolatey flavor with hints of coconut. Just 6 simple ingredients to make!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 Medjool dates , pits removed
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2-3 T water (to get the mixture to come together)
- In a food processor , add the almonds, chocolate chips and unsweetened coconut. Blend into a fine consistency.
- Then add the dates and coconut flour and continue to blend.
- Lastly, add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture clumps together. I used 2 tablespoons.
- Roll balls and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- If you like, you can roll them in more shredded coconut or cacao powder like I did.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.