My favorite time of year is here! Fall. Don’t you just love it? Pumpkin on all the things! I am starting with these delectable Pumpkin Chocolate Bars. This recipe was inspired by this amazing recipe on Pinch of Yum. As soon as I saw it, I thought about making a pumpkin version. These bars came out great!
These bars are vegan, gluten free, paleo and they contain zero refined sugar. They are also no bake and can be made in a flash! These dessert bars are very rich and you only need a little bit to feel satisfied. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Pumpkin Chocolate Bars
Spicy pumpkin pecan crust with a layer of chocolate ganache in the middle!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- Pumpkin Bar:
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch sea salt
- Chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine the pecans, pumpkin and spices until you get a coarse ground consistency. Then add in the dates and blend a little more. You may need to add a tiny bit of water for the mixture to come together.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press 1/2 the pumpkin/pecan mixture into the pan and place it in the freezer.
- In a large bowl , mix all the ingredients for the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the first pumpkin layer. Freeze again for 5-10 minutes.
- Then press the remaining pumpkin mixture on top and place the whole thing back in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once chilled, cut into bars and serve. Enjoy!
Keep these bars stored in the freezer.