Coconut Truffles that are vegan and gluten free. Let’s be honest, these coconut vegan truffles are not an everyday treat, but when you want to indulge a bit, it makes the perfect little bite of sweetness with none of the bad stuff!
These were a big hit in our family and I hope you like them too!
They only take minutes to make too! I must admit, I rolled these a bit big, so they were more than a bite. I suggest rolling yours into a bite friendly size.
These should keep in the fridge for quite some time. I used coconut butter in this so when you take a bite, the coconut literally melts in your mouth.
If you haven’t tried coconut butter yet, you need too! That stuff is so good! I get Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna. If you like my Coconut Cream Larabars, you will love these!
Looking for more truffle recipes?
Chocolate and coconut make the perfect combination for these delicious truffles!
- 15 medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3 oz and 70% cacao.)
- 2 T almond milk
- In a food processor , combine the dates and shredded coconut.
- Then, add in the coconut butter and coconut oil.
- Pulse until a dough starts to form.
- When the dough is formed, roll into bite sized balls and place in the fridge on a lined baking sheet . Parchment paper works great for this so the balls don’t stick.
- Once the balls are firm, heat your chocolate and milk using a double boiler.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take each ball and roll into the chocolate and place back on the parchment lined sheet.
- Put in the fridge for a few hours so the chocolate can set back up.
I should add, when you go to eat one out of the fridge, it will seem hard to bite into at first. As soon as you chew it though, the coconut melts in your mouth. Enjoy!
73 thoughts to “Coconut Truffles (Vegan and Gluten Free)”