So yesterday I had this great idea. I was going to make a sweet spread out of pepitas and pecans. You know, with a little spice for the season? Well my idea was a fail because my spread never got to the right consistency. So instead of scrapping the whole thing, I turned them into delicious truffles! If you like my Coconut Truffles, you will love these!
I added the coconut to hide the not so appealing color of the truffles. You could also coat them in chocolate if you like. These are a cinch to make and taste so good! They would be great for holiday parties along with my Pistachio Truffles.
Pecan Coconut Truffles
Yields 10 balls
10 minPrep Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (for coating)
- In the food processor , combine the pepitas and pecans. Grind them into a course consistency.
- Then add in the spices, oil and maple syrup and continue to pulse until a loose dough starts to form.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them in the fridge to firm up.
- Once firm, roll the balls into a small amount of water and then roll them into the coconut.
- Once all are done, place them back into the fridge for a few minutes.
I got 10 balls out of my batch. Enjoy!