I made you some healthy lemon tarts. I love all things lemon. Who doesn’t? Lemons just seems to freshen every dish up. Sweet or savory. It doesn’t matter. So I created a healthier lemon tart for you. These healthy lemon tarts are perfect for Easter. If you like this recipe, you may also like my grain free blueberry tart. This lemon tart recipe is not only healthier, but it’s easy too!
This is also a recipe that fits almost every diet. It’s grain free, gluten free and vegan. These lemon tarts may look fancy, but they really only take a few minutes to make! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Healthy Lemon Tarts
Yields 4 small tarts or 1 large tart
An easy recipe that comes together in minutes!
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 8 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 2 T coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk | (full fat)
- 3 T maple syrup
- Juice from 1 medium sized lemon
- optional: (You can add 1 tsp lemon zest for an even stronger lemon flavor.)
- In a food processor , combine the ingredients for the crust. You will get a wet, loose dough.
- Press the dough into greased tart shells. I used 4 inch tart shells and got 4 tarts. You can probably do o 1 large tart as well.
- Stick the tart shells in the fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the tart shells and stick them back in the fridge to firm up. I would give them a good 4 hours to set. If you can wait overnight, that is even better.
Store the tarts in the fridge. They should last at least 7-10 days. Enjoy!